eet your midwife
If you were to ask me when my love for birth began, I would have to say it has always been; the Lord planted a love for this in my DNA. I attended my first birth when I was sixteen, and by the time I had my first child I had attended several births. In 1996 the door opened, and I had the privilege and opportunity to begin working with several midwives as their birth assistant. During the interim, my focus was on being a mom and raising my five children. Then, in 2011 my journey to become a midwife began, as I started my apprenticeship with Donna Miller. Finally in 2014 I became a licensed midwife.
As your midwife, I am committed to holding space for you during the birth process as your body does what it was intuitively designed to do. I will provide highly personalized care that will give your family a strong, connected start. I will take the time to get to know you and your family, learning what you need and want and helping to empower you to take an informed and active role in your care.
Whether this is your first baby or your tenth, each pregnancy is an individually unique experience, and I look forward to supporting you throughout the journey.
- Certified Professional Midwife, North American Registry of Midwives
- Licensed Midwife in Texas
- North American Registry Bridge Certified, 2017
- Spinning Babies Professional Summit, 2017
- Association of Texas Midwives and North Texas Midwives Member
- Volunteer for Dar A Luz Honduras, an organization helping to improve birth practices, 2019
- CPR for the Healthcare professional, AHA
- Neonatal Resuscitation, AHA/AAP
- Doula, 1995-2000
- Mom Approved Midwife for DFW, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
My practice is based on the belief that pregnancy and childbirth are natural life events. I believe in the midwifery led model of care.
- Monitoring the physical, psychological and social wellbeing of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- Providing the mother with evidence based educational resources, counseling and prenatal care
- Continuous hands on assistance during labor and delivery
- Comprehensive postpartum support
The midwifery model of care:
I have five amazing children, ages 15-27.
I also had five very different birth experiences! Three of them were in an out-of-hospital setting.
I love babies!
One of my favorite hobbies is going to the gun range with my family.
I am passionate about humanized birth for all women. I recently volunteered with the organization Dar A Luz that is successfully impacting birth in Honduras.
My favorite breed of dog is the German Shepherd. Meet our boy Mace.
I love taking pictures. Whether it’s at home or at a birth, you will often find me taking pictures.
I am grounded in Him and He directs my path.